Drops/Refunds are not automatic. You must complete and submit a drop/refund request using the electronic online form. If you are requesting for more than one class, please use a separate form for each.
Requests are recorded based on the date and time this electronic form is submitted and received by the Community Education Department. A notification e-mail will be sent to you once your request has been successfully submitted and received. You will be notified by a separate notification via e-mail of approval or denial of your request. Refund processing generally takes four (4) to six (6) weeks.
Classes canceled by Santa Rosa Junior College will be refunded in full. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified via e-mail and phone if given. For cancelled classes refunds will be processed automatically, and you will not need to submit a refund request.
Only Drop Requests received by 5pm, 3 full business days before the start of the class will be eligible for a refund.
When unable to attend a class for which you have registered, notify Community Education by 5pm three (3) business days before the start of the class either by phone or complete the electronic Drop Form.
Refer to the below chart. Holidays and campus closures are not considered business days, so they will affect the refund schedule.
Requests are logged on the date and time the electronic Drop Form is submitted to Community Education. You will be taken to a confirmation page once your request is submitted. When filling out the form you have the following options:
- Refund: a $10 processing fee per course will be retained. ($2 non-refundable registration fee will also be retained). Refunds may take up to 30 working days to process, but usually are processed within a week for credit/debit card transactions.
- Electronic Voucher: a full refund credited to your Student Profile (except for the $2 registration fee). An electronic voucher is an electronic credit stored in your online Student Profile. It is valid for a 2 year period from date of issue towards Community Education classes. There are no refunds after the electronic voucher is processed.
- Refunds are not issued for absences nor prorated for late registration.
- Missed class meetings may not be made up in another class.
- The $2.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- The $10.00 processing fee for refunds is non-negotiable.
- Classes may not be audited.
REFUND POLICY AFTER THE DROP DEADLINE
Drop Request received less than 3 full business days before the start of the class
Drop Requests received less than three (3) business days prior to the class start date, will not receive a refund, or a voucher. Community Education is a self-supporting program, funded solely by student registration fees. All registration payments are considered final after three (3) business days prior to the starting date of the class.
If an emergency arises, after the deadline and you are unable to attend a class for which you have registered, notify Community Education either by email, letter or submit an electronic Special Circumstance Form. (If you are requesting for more than one class, please use a separate Special Circumstance Form for each class.) Explain the situation and provide documentation, e.g. doctor’s note. Your request will be reviewed. If approved, you will receive an electronic voucher (credit) to re-enroll in the same class within two years.