NEW! We now have a self-drop option for eligible students. If you wish to drop a course and receive an electronic voucher (value of the course fee credited back to your Community Education account), log into your student profile, click on Menu, then Cancel. All courses eligible for a voucher will be listed. This option is only available up to three (3) days before the course start-date.
If you would like to drop and receive a refund, or if you are not eligible for the self-drop option, please read the policy requirements below and submit a request online using our Drop/Refund Form. If you are dropping more than one course, please use a separate form for each.
Requests are recorded based on the date and time the electronic form is submitted and received by Community Education. You will receive a notification e-mail once your request has been successfully submitted. You will receive a separate e-mail confirming approval or denial of your request.
Only Drop Requests received by 5pm, three (3) full business days before the start of the class will be eligible for a refund.
When unable to participate in a course for which you have registered, notify Community Education by 5:00 pm three (3) business days before the course start-date by completing the Drop/Refund Form online.
If you are unable to complete the Drop Form online, please contact us with your request.
Holidays and campus closures are not considered business days, so they will affect the refund schedule. See the table below:
Requests are logged on the date and time the electronic Drop Form is submitted to Community Education.
When filling out the form you have the following options:
1. Refund: All refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee, retained for each course being refunded. (Non-refundable $2 registration fees will also be retained). Refunds are issued via the same means payment was made. Check refunds generally take up to 30 days for processing. Credit card refunds are quicker but may take 5 – 10 business days to appear on your statement. Further processing delays may result from district holidays, campus closures, or if the information in your student profile is out of date.
2. Electronic Voucher: Vouchers are account credits stored in your online Student Profile, worth the full value of course/class fees paid (except for any applicable $2 registration fees). Electronic vouchers are usually applied within one business day of request approval, and are valid for two (2) years from the date of issue towards registration in future Community Education courses. There are no refunds after an electronic voucher is processed.
Courses canceled in full by Santa Rosa Junior College will be refunded automatically. In the event of course cancelation, you will be notified via e-mail or phone if given. Refunds will be processed automatically via the same means your payment was made, and you will not need to submit a refund request.
PARTIALLY CANCELED COURSES
If extenuating circumstances require Santa Rosa Junior College to cancel remaining sessions of a course that is already in progress (and if remaining class sessions cannot be rescheduled), you will automatically receive an electronic voucher for the value of the canceled class sessions. No action is required on your part.
If you would prefer to receive a partial refund, please fill out the Special Circumstances Form below. Refunds, if requested, will be prorated to the number of class-sessions canceled, and subject to a $10 processing fee.
- Refunds are not issued for absences.
- Course fees are not prorated for late registration or missed class meetings.
- Missed class meetings may not be made up in another course.
- Unregistered substitutes may not attend in place of registered students.*
- The $2.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- The $10.00 processing fee for refunds is non-negotiable.
- Courses may not be audited.
- * Class meetings can only be attended by registered participants. If you cannot attend and wish to transfer your registration to someone else, please contact us.
REFUND POLICY AFTER THE DROP DEADLINE
Drop Requests received less than three (3) business days prior to the course start-date, are not eligible for a refund or a voucher. Community Education is a self-supporting program, funded solely by student registration fees. All registration payments are considered final after three (3) business days prior to the course start-date.
If an emergency arises after the deadline and you are unable to participate in a course for which you have registered, notify Community Education either by email, letter, or submit an electronic Special Circumstance Form. (If you are requesting for more than one course, please use a separate Special Circumstance Form for each.)
Explain the situation and provide documentation, e.g. doctor’s note. Your request will be reviewed. If approved, you will receive an electronic voucher (credit) to apply towards registration for future Community Education course(s), valid for two years from the date issued.
Special Circumstance Forms must be submitted during the same semester as the course you wish to drop in order to be considered.