NEW! We now have a self-drop option for eligible students. If you wish to drop a course and receive an Electronic Voucher (value of the course fee credited back to your Community Education account), log into your student profile, click on Menu, then Cancel. All courses eligible for an Electronic Voucher will be listed. This option is only available up to three (3) days before the course start-date.
If you would like to drop and receive a refund, or if you are not eligible for the self-drop option, please read the policy requirements below and submit a drop/refund request using the electronic form. If you are requesting for more than one class, please use a separate form for each.
Requests are recorded based on the date and time this electronic form is submitted and received by the Community Education Department. A notification e-mail will be sent to you once your request has been successfully submitted and received. You will receive a separate e-mail confirming approval or denial of your request.
Only Drop Requests received by 5pm, 3 full business days before the start of the class will be eligible for a refund.
When unable to participate in a course for which you have registered, notify Community Education by 5pm three (3) business days before the course start-date by completing the electronic Drop Form. If you are unable to complete the Drop Form online, please contact us with your request.
Refer to the table below. Holidays and campus closures are not considered business days, so they will affect the refund schedule.
Requests are logged on the date and time the electronic Drop Form is submitted to Community Education. You will be taken to a confirmation page once your request is submitted. When filling out the form you have the following options:
- Refund: a $10 processing fee per course will be retained. ($2 non-refundable registration fee will also be retained). Refunds generally take up to 30 days for processing. Further processing delays may result from district holidays, campus closures, or if the information in your student profile is out of date.
- Electronic Voucher: a full refund credited to your Student Profile (except for the $2 registration fee). An electronic voucher is a credit stored in your online Student Profile. It is valid for a 2 year period from date of issue towards Community Education classes. There are no refunds after the electronic voucher is processed.
Courses canceled in full by Santa Rosa Junior College will be refunded automatically. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified via e-mail or phone if given. Refunds will be processed automatically to your original payment method and you will not need to submit a refund request.
- Refunds are not issued for absences.
- Course fees are not prorated for late registration.
- Missed class meetings may not be made up in another course.
- The $2.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- The $10.00 processing fee for refunds is non-negotiable.
- Courses may not be audited.
REFUND POLICY AFTER THE DROP DEADLINE
Drop Requests received less than three (3) business days prior to the course start-date, are not eligible for a refund or a voucher. Community Education is a self-supporting program, funded solely by student registration fees. All registration payments are considered final after three (3) business days prior to the course start-date.
If an emergency arises after the deadline and you are unable to participate in a course for which you have registered, notify Community Education either by email, letter or submit an electronic Special Circumstance Form. (If you are requesting for more than one course, please use a separate Special Circumstance Form for each.) Explain the situation and provide documentation, e.g. doctor’s note. Your request will be reviewed. If approved, you will receive an electronic voucher (credit) to apply towards registration for future Community Education course(s), valid for two years from the date issued.
Special Circumstance Forms must be submitted during the same semester as the course you wish to drop in order to be considered.