Small, portable, and with only four strings to tune, the ukulele is a perfect beginning instrument for anyone who wants to have quick musical success! In this comprehensive course, you'll be introduced to the core skills that will enable you to play everything from folk to rock, Hawaiian, Latin, bluegrass, blues, and more. These include reading music and tablature so you can pick up any piece of music and play it; playing chords to accompany yourself and others; fingerpicking and strumming for a professional sound.
Order class text, ''Holly's Ukulele Method™'' at SRJC Bookstore in Petaluma (https://www.bkstr.com/santarosa-petalumastore/home), or at https://www.hollyukulele.com/buy-books. 86 free MP3s of all music in HUM are available at www.hollyukulele.com/free-download/
Ultra-Beginners class focuses on mastering the key of C and covers the Introduction through Lesson 4, (pages 2-123). Six 1.75-hr. class sessions with free MP3s for off-line practice.
Students provide their own instruments.
This class has a supply list. View supply lists here.
Here’s what Holly’s students have to say:
- Excellent course! I highly recommend it. Not only did the instructor teach chords and notes on the instrument but she also taught how to read music. Instructor handles the online sessions well. – Jon
- Holly is a superior instructor: positive, supportive, and full of joy. Her multi-model approach provides the appropriate instruction for all types of learning styles. I highly recommend this course. – Cheryl
- Holly's Ukulele class is informative, helpful, and rewarding. Although Zoom / virtual learning is a challenge, Holly mastered the technology quite well. We were able to see her play and she was able to see the students and help them with their technique.– Marilyn
- This is the second time enrolling in Holly’s ukulele workshop. I love learning, and it’s great to pick up new information. A big thank you to Holly for giving us the capability to learn the ukulele!
– Debbie Fisher, Wyoming
- When I signed up for Holly’s online ukulele class, I had a rudimentary understanding of chords and strumming but no formal background in music. My goal for the six-week class was to learn to read music so I could play notes, and learn playing technique. Thanks to Holly’s unique Ukulele Method, I was able to do just that.
– Suzanne O’Meara, Petaluma, CA
- Overall, I was very pleased with the course. I learned a lot and I feel that I can progress on my own. Thanks Holly, it was a blast!
– Jovanna Ayala, Petaluma, CA
- Holly is a lively, fun, passionate and very loving ukulele teacher who provides a new approach for reading music with colorful visuals and more advanced finger picking vs. only strumming. Holly’s method creates a path for beautiful music making and if you take the time to practice you will reap the rewards. I highly recommend her class!
– Amy Rosenbaum, Petaluma, CA