Information Security describes a system of behaviors and a mode of thinking that protects your data and privacy. In this class you will learn how your information is at risk of theft and unauthorized access and how to protect yourself from such incursions and ransomware. Securing your data is not analogous to locking your car. “Keeping the bad people out” may be comprehensible, but it’s unfortunately inapplicable regarding digital threats and how to defend against them. In this informative and entertaining class you will learn about:
- The real definition and meaning of “Information Security”
- Where the biggest security dangers originate
- Why there’s no such thing as a business that’s “too small to target” - Everyone is at risk!
- What a smart Information Security strategy looks like, what it involves and how to start creating your own
- How to improve the security of your data with one simple practice (that’s standard in most organizations)
Join us to explore the risks to which we all are exposed and empower yourself with knowledge of protective measures you can take and tools you can utilize to reduce your exposure.