Yes, watercolor painting can be learned by anyone. This class is for you if you:
- Have no previous watercolor painting instruction
- Would like to be able to paint watercolors
- Tried watercolor painting and got discouraged
- Think that you don't have any talent
- Haven't painted for years and would like to get started again
This class will provide a sequence of easy exercises designed to save you months of trial and error frustration. Spontaneous watercolor will delight and challenge you for years to come. Capitalizing on the spontaneous characteristic of watercolor you will learn skills needed to confidently continue on your own. During this day you will:
- Learn the one big secret of spontaneous watercolor painting
- Have fun painting creative and spontaneous watercolors
- Paint abstract watercolors for gifts or greeting cards
- Learn brush techniques for quickly painting any subject
- Paint people, skies, and landscape subjects
- Lay a foundation of skills so that you can continue to paint with pleasure
Watercolor painting will be explained and demonstrated on this day of hands-on exercises designed for fun (and who knows, maybe even for profit). No matter what your skill or background, this class will have you painting watercolors and loving it in a matter of minutes.
Please be on time. Please bring a water container and a cotton rag. All other materials will be furnished - watercolor paper, Chinese watercolor brush, portable mixing palette, tube watercolors, and other materials (a $33 value).