I have been painting and drawing for over 40 years and meditation is essential when doing art, it helps us focus and relax. Drawing meditation is different from still meditation as the drawing aspect is calming. I will show you some simple techniques that will help you connect to your art and nature. We will meet at the boat ramp side of the lake off the Newanga entrance (turn left at the gate). Park and walk right to the nearby picnic tables where we will meet.
I will begin the class promptly at 9:30 with a short lecture and demonstration on zooming in on intimate subjects to sketch, then you will do some exercises on drawing and sketching. I will be available to give individual instruction. Lunch break will be at noon for 1/2 hour and then we will resume drawing the landscape. I will do another demonstration after lunch on adding watercolor paint to your drawings.
I have found sketching with pencil, pen and watercolor to enhance my understanding of the beauty of nature and to find ways to relax through meditation. My experience to doing art as meditation has been more beneficial than just sitting still. I hope to share this with you.
Supply List: approx. $20
Please read over the supply list upon registration for anything you already have and will need to bring (water jar, sharpener, soft rag, etc...)
- Simple art journal or sketch book, any size
- Small Stool - two would be better; one for sitting, one for supplies
- Pencils: #2B and a regular household pencil
- Eraser (optional)
- Small sharpener (optional)
- Permanent fine tip ink pen (non toxic - no sharpies
- Watercolor pain set of color - PRANG brand is inexpensive and a good choice, however there are other small sets you may like
- Watercolor brushes: #6 pointed, 3/4 flat (optional), #2 pointed.
- Misc. water jar to hold water, soft rag, hat, sunscreen, lunch, water
For more information visit Donna's web site www.donnasfineart.com